Love chicken dinners? Love slow cooker meals? Love Italian food? Then you will LOVE our slow cooker chicken cacciatore recipe! This amazing chicken cacciatore is packed with protein and vegetables that are slowly cooked for maximum flavor and minimal work. Set it & forget it!
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Slow Cooker
- 2 Medium Yellow onions thinly sliced
- 1 3/4 Lbs broiler/fryer chicken cut up and skin removed
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can 14-1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 can 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained, or 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup white wine or water
- Serve with Pasta or Gluten Free Pasta for a GF version.
- Place onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the chicken, seasonings, tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, and wine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Discard bay leaf. Serve chicken with sauce over your pasta choice.
1 serving (calculated without pasta): 207 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 787mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable.