Crockpot Chicken with Vegetables
Even a beginner cook could make this crockpot chicken and have it turn out perfectly. This recipe could not be easier. A few minutes of prep and you’ll come home to a deliciously cooked chicken with veggies on the side.
- Crockpot, Slow-cooker
- 3 Medium Carrots peeled, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 Ribs Celery and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 Medium Onions halve 1 and slice the other
- 8 Small Red Potatoes quartered
- 1 Teaspoon Salt divided
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper divided
- 1 Medium Lemon halved
- 6 Cloves Garlic (I leave them whole since my kids don’t eat them)
- 1 3/4 Lb broiler/fryer chicken
- 1 Tablespoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- Place carrots, celery, 3 cloves of garlic, sliced onions, and potatoes in a 6-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Place lemon halves, onion halves and 3 garlic cloves in the chicken cavity.
- Tuck wings under the chicken and tie drumsticks together. Place the chicken over the vegetables in the slow-cooker, breast side up.
- Mix together rosemary, lemon juice, oil, paprika and remaining salt in small bowl; rub all over the chicken.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads at least 170° and vegetables are tender, 6-8 hours.
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Serve with the vegetables.