Crockpot Apple Cider From Scratch
Today’s recipe for homemade slow cooker apple cider might seem like a lot of work but it's super easy. It’s made 100% from scratch and has been one of my favorite entertaining recipes over the past few years. Don’t believe me, try it for yourself!
Servings: 10 Cups
- Slow Cooker
- 8 gala apples quartered or any apples you have on hand Remove the core
- 1 orange sliced leave the rind on
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 10 cups water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Place your quartered apples into a slow cooker.
- Add in cinnamon sticks, orange, whole cloves, and allspice in there and pour in the 10 cups of water.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, mash the apples with a potato masher.
- Add in brown sugar and cook an additional 1-3 hours on low.
- Using a cheesecloth, strain the solids from the liquids.
- Discard solids and store liquids in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for later use.