Well, I’m sure you weren’t expecting to be home on a Wednesday but here you are. How about a nice Roasted Garlic soup recipe that will help boost your immune system & your mood! Keep everyone healthy & happy with this tasty soup!
Roasted Garlic Soup
- 5 bulbs garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or ghee
- 4 leeks chopped
- 2 medium onion chopped
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour or Gluten free to make it GF
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth for vegetarian version
- ⅓ cup dry sherry
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives Optional
- Cut off top 1/4 inch of each garlic head. Place in a small, shallow baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over. Bake at 350 degrees F until golden, about 1 hour. Cool slightly. Press individual garlic cloves between thumb and finger to release. Chop garlic.
- Melt butter in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, leeks, and onion; saute until onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Add flour and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in hot broth and sherry and oregano. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Puree soup in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Return soup to saucepan, and add cream. Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and white pepper. Garnish with chives.