Hello again! Since many of today’s cat treats are full of preservatives and chemicals, why not make them yourself? That’s why this week’s “This, Not That, Thursday” is on DIY Natural Cat treats. It’s relatively easy and quick, and, best of all, you know what kitty is eating!
DIY Natural cat treats
- food processer
- 1 5 oz can tuna in water, drained
- ½ cup oat flour*
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon catnip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processer with the blade attachment.
- Blend until mixture is smooth.
- Roll into small ½ teaspoon balls and place onto the parchment. Press a finger each ball to flatten slightly
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until they are slightly browned. Cool completely before surprising your kitty with a treat made just for them!
To make your own oat flour, simply grind old-fashioned oats in a clean coffee grinder until transformed into a light powder.