Slow Cooker Heavenly Potato Soup
Grandma Antoinette's Potato Soup loaded with chunks of tender, hearty potatoes and made with a rich and creamy soup base. This soup is a family favorite and for good reason – it’s easy to make and absolutely delicious! Top it with cheese and bacon and no one will be able to resist.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time8 hrs 30 mins
Total Time9 hrs
- 8 Cups Diced Russet potatoes
- 48 Ounces Chicken broth or vegetable broth for vegetarian version
- 1 10oz Can Condensed Cream of Chicken soup, undiluted or Cream of Celery soup for vegetarian version
- 1/2 Cup Chopped yellow onion
- 1 Large Carrot diced
- 1 Stalk Celery diced
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 8oz Package of cream cheese - Cubed
- ½ Lb Sliced bacon cooked and crumbled (Omit for vegetarian version)
- Minced chives
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all the main ingredients EXCEPT the Cream Cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or until potatoes are tender.
Add cream cheese; stir until blended. Serve immediately & enjoy.
Garnish with bacon, cheese & chives if desired.
1 cup (calculated without bacon): 179 calories,
9g fat (5g saturated fat),
(2g sugars, 2g fiber),