Summertime Shrimp Salad
“Use an array of colorful veggies to make this healthy shrimp salad pop. Cooking the shrimp with fresh herbs and garlic infuses them with flavor without coming off too strong for a light dinner salad that’s perfect for summer entertaining.”
- 1¼ pounds raw shrimp 21-25 count, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss shrimp with oil, thyme and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until the shrimp are pink and firm, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl (discard thyme and garlic). Add lemon juice and stir to coat. Gently stir in cucumber, tomatoes and basil. Arrange the shrimp and vegetables in a serving bowl. Serve drizzled with any dressing left in the bowl and garnish with more basil, if desired.