Red, White and Blue Summer Salad
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil julienned
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves julienned
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 8 cups fresh arugula
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese pearls drained
- 2 medium peaches sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto julienned
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 9 ingredients. Add tomatoes; let stand while preparing salad.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, mozzarella, peach slices, blueberries, and prosciutto. Pour tomato mixture over top; toss to coat. Garnish with additional mint leaves. Serve immediately.
1 cup: 233 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
My word, today is just perfect. Too perfect in fact, to be inside slaving in front of the stove for dinner tonight. In just 20 minutes this delightfully fresh dish is on the table without the need of an oven heating up the whole house.
Let Grandma Antoinette help you with dinner <3