Crockpot Black Bean Soup
This Crockpot Black Bean Soup recipe is super easy to make, packed with protein, and it's super delicious! It also just so happens to be naturally vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free. Woo Hooo
- 1 large onion (yellow) chopped
- 2 red bell peppers cored and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper cored and chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cans black beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz cans)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Additional Garnish (Optional)
- Combine all main ingredients in the bowl of a slow cooker, and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours, until all of the vegetables are cooked and tender.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Serve the soup warm, garnished with your desired toppings. Or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days, or freeze in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
- use a blender or food processor to puree the soup completely (thick and smooth)
- use a blender or food processor to puree about half of the soup (thick and smooth but still has texture)