Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
Incredibly juicy chicken cutlets cooked in mushroom and Marsala wine sauce. This flavorful dish comes together in your pressure cooker in less than 30 minutes!
- Instant Pot
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 8 oz. white or baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Make sure that your stainless steel insert is in your Instant Pot. Press “saute” setting and wait 2 minutes.
- Add oil and butter to your Instant Pot and let it melt.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise, to make two cutlets. Season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Brown each chicken cutlet on each side. Remove onto a plate.
- Add more butter to the Instant Pot. Add garlic, onion and mushrooms and saute until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Press “cancel/off” button. Add chicken stock and wine to vegetables. Stir well.
- Place chicken in the sauce. Close the lid, set valve to “sealing” positions (the newer IP models do it on their own).
- Make sure the IP is set to cook at HIGH pressure. Set timer to 7 minutes.
- The IP will beep and it will start coming to pressure. That can take about 5 minutes.
- Once the timer is done, press “cancel/off” button and let the Instant Pot release pressure naturally.
- Once the pressure pin drops, carefully open the lid away from your face.
- Remove the chicken and set on a plate.
- Mix cornstarch with water and add to the sauce. Stir and let it sit for a few minutes to thicken.
- Serve chicken with sauce over mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, rice or noodles.