Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash in your Instant Pot yields a perfectly cooked squash—not mushy, but tender and holding its shape. Spaghetti squash is also a perfect base for so many sauces or just a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese as a side dish. At the market, look for squash that are about 3 lbs.
- Instant Pot
- 1 3 lb spaghetti squash halved
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds.
- Pour 1 cup water in the Instant Pot. Place a wire metal steam rack in pot. Arrange cut halves of squash on top of the steam rack. Put minced garlic on the inside center of the halved spaghetti squash.
- Cover Instant Pot, and fasten the lid. Lock and seal the steam valve.
- Set to HIGH pressure for 7 minutes. (The pot will take about 15 minutes to come up to pressure before the cooking program begins.)
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then carefully release pressure by turning valve to VENT.
- Remove lid, and, using tongs, drain accumulated liquid from squash halves. Using a fork, scrape out flesh into spaghetti-like strands in a bowl (should have 4 to 6 cups)
- Add olive oil, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper, to squash and toss to coat. Serve hot.