We have a little recipe to put a smile on your face – Crockpot Fajitas! You can go meatless or meat them up with anything you like. The base stays the same, just add the protein of your choice set it, forget it and eat!
Hot delish fajitas will be awaiting your return!
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3 bell peppers ideally 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green cored and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion halved and sliced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander*
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 lb chicken breast cut into strips
- 2 cup portobello mushrooms sliced and peeled with the stems removed
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- Pour half of the canned tomatoes into the bottom of a slow cooker and spread into an even layer. Top with half of the peppers and half of the onions. Sprinkle garlic in. Top with your choice of protein.
- In a bowl whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. Evenly sprinkle the seasoning over protein. Top with remaining half of the tomatoes, then layer in remaining peppers and onions.
- Cover and cook on HIGH heat about 2 1/2 – 3 hours or low heat 4 – 6 hours.
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice and honey and add to slow cooker along with the protein and season with additional salt to taste if desired (I sometimes like to add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro too here but this is optional). Gently toss. Serve warm in warmed tortillas optional toppings.
Cilantro, sour cream, salsa, guacamole or sliced avocados, shredded Mexican cheese (optional)