Grandma Antionette’s Springtime Slowcooker Minestrone
- 2 small sweet onions diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 3 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 ounce can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces ditalini pasta uncooked
- 12 thin asparagus spears stems removed and cut into quarters
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 6oz bag fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup freshly grated romano cheese plus more for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add diced onions, garlic, carrots, the whole can of diced tomatoes, cannellini beans, stock and water to your crockpot. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring once or twice if you can.
- About 12-15 minutes before serving, add in asparagus , spinach, peas and pasta.
- Cook on low for another 15 minutes then stir in grated cheese. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately with additional cheese on top!