Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan
- Crockpot, Slow-cooker
- 5 pounds eggplant
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs You can use Gluten Free bread crumbs to make the recipe GF.
- 5 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced or shredded
- fresh basil for topping
- Peel eggplant and cut into 1/3 inch rounds. Layer in a colander, sprinkling each layer with salt. Allow to sit for 30 minutes and then pat dry.
- Spread 1/2 cup of sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a shallow bowl. Stir together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning in a separate bowl. Dip eggplant in egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Layer 1/3 of the slices in the slow cooker. Top with 1 cup sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers two more times. Cook on low for eight hours.
- When serving, top with fresh basil leaves.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 1380mg | Potassium: 678mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 775IU | Vitamin C: 9.1mg | Calcium: 317mg | Iron: 1.7mg