Grandma Antoinette’s Sassy Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Garlic Pesto
- 1 lb. medium or large frozen shrimp deveined, thawed
- 3 medium lemons thinly sliced
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil for drizzling
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pesto *see the recipe for homemade pesto in the notes below
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Skewer shrimp and lemon slice.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until shrimp is opaque and lemons slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Brush with pesto and serve. Serve over Zucchini noodle or spaghetti squash for a low carb, healthy meal.
1.5 cups packed fresh basil leaves
3 cloves garlic
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional) Directions Combine basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and nuts in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend to a smooth paste. Add parsley if desired