Slow Cooker Heavenly Potato Soup
Grandma Antoinette's Potato Soup loaded with chunks of tender, hearty potatoes and made with a rich and creamy soup base. This soup is a family favorite and for good reason – it’s easy to make and absolutely delicious! Top it with cheese and bacon and no one will be able to resist.
- 8 Cups Diced Russet potatoes
- 48 Ounces Chicken broth or vegetable broth for vegetarian version
- 1 10oz Can Condensed Cream of Chicken soup, undiluted or Cream of Celery soup for vegetarian version
- 1/2 Cup Chopped yellow onion
- 1 Large Carrot diced
- 1 Stalk Celery diced
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 8oz Package of cream cheese - Cubed
- ½ Lb Sliced bacon cooked and crumbled (Omit for vegetarian version)
- Minced chives
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all the main ingredients EXCEPT the Cream Cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or until potatoes are tender.
Add cream cheese; stir until blended. Serve immediately & enjoy.
Garnish with bacon, cheese & chives if desired.
1 cup (calculated without bacon): 179 calories,
9g fat (5g saturated fat),
(2g sugars, 2g fiber),